Book: Russian Tortoises by E.J. Pirog

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Yes the book is very good and just fine for beginners :)

Danny

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I can't ask for a better complement. It was written for beginners and the targeted audience seems to be quite pleased with it. They have to start somewhere and it does answer the basic questions quite well...

I'm just in one of those sensitive moods tonight.

egyptiandan said:
Yes the book is very good and just fine for beginners :)

Danny

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree with Danny...but I wonder how EJ can write a book that actually makes sense, I have it and have used it several times to look up something...but he can't post anything here we can understand???

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Actually... that book and the one on the Leopard/Sulcata was derived from the years of questions on the net along with my own experiences and those of others.

What you see on the chats is what I'm thinking/or not... at the moment. Sometimes those conversations lead to those ideas that come about in articles and... in those 2 cases... books.

Some of the greatest information is derived during those wasted... both sender and recipents... moments. That is when most are really honest... and I'll say here up front... that not eveyone indulges... some just get wrapped up in the moment.

I do hope you understand that point.

maggie3fan said:
I agree with Danny...but I wonder how EJ can write a book that actually makes sense, I have it and have used it several times to look up something...but he can't post anything here we can understand???

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Agreed. Its a well written, very informative book. Its the first book I picked up myself when I got my Russian.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
maggie3fan said:

-EJ said:
Some of the greatest information is derived during those wasted... both sender and recipents... moments. That is when most are really honest... and I'll say here up front... that not eveyone indulges... some just get wrapped up in the moment.

:p

TortoiseMD

5 Year Member
I own the book, however to me it seems to have repetitive and very basic information, but I guess it is written for the real beginers.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Is that the best you can do???? Check out some of the UK reviews.

The book was written for beginners... in a language a normal person could understand... sans the politics.

Well if my information seems repetitive... it must be on target.

TortoiseMD said:
I own the book, however to me it seems to have repetitive and very basic information, but I guess it is written for the real beginers.

TortoiseMD

5 Year Member
-EJ said:

The book was written for beginners... in a language a normal person could understand... sans the politics.

TortoiseMD said:

A writer who does not accept critisim !! no one is perfect and no one can write the perfect book, the book jumps from topic to another so fast before elaborating on anything, some information are incorrect at best. let alone the title is misleading "Russian tortoise" where you barely write about Russians and you jump back and forth from species to another.
it's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Constructive criticism I can handle... spiteful jabs I have a problem with.

I'm given a fromat with guidelines to stay within... and I follow it.

What incorrect information did you find?... I'm not asking you what you don't agree with... I'm asking what incorrect information did you find?

Once again... it is a beginners guide and as such I, as well as the majority who have read it, think it covered the topic pretty well... not perfect but pretty well.

TortoiseMD said:
-EJ said:

TortoiseMD said:

A writer who does not accept critisim !! no one is perfect and no one can write the perfect book, the book jumps from topic to another so fast before elaborating on anything, some information are incorrect at best. let alone the title is misleading "Russian tortoise" where you barely write about Russians and you jump back and forth from species to another.
it's my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.