Bonnie's bruised Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjess81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
KY
IMG_0908.JPGHere is a link to some pictures of Bonnie's Shell from Clyde trying to mat with her...I had to seperate them...Will this heal on its own? I soak her daily, should I put any antibiotic cream on it or anti fungal?? This happened about 10 days ago...it looks worse now than it did...My poor pretty girl
:( I just love her and want her to be healthy!!

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j417/starjess811/Bonnies Shell/

Last edited by a moderator:

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I think she'll be fine she had a lot of brand new growth, and that's not as tough as old shell.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
Should i put anything on it or just soak her daily like i have been?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Poor Bonnie. Those darned Russians are just SO aggressive.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
I know I feel bad for her, she is so sweet. i just realized today that I was told at the pet store that they were greek tortoises and I realizes today i was told wrong, they are russians....I feel so dumb!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wow...if that marking is due to the other tortoise....why do you not give her a break and allow her individual space? you know that tortoise can cause grave injury to one another....regardless of their motives....right?

I would move her from being exposed to the other tortoise right away, heck you may have already done this and I just may have missed the thread... :D

That is major stress being inflicted let alone painful, huh.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
I seperated them about 10 days ago but I took the pictures today....I'm pretty sure bruises get worse before they get better. They were tank mates at the store so I assumed they got along well...I guess that's what I get for assuming. I have been soaking her daily and setting out fresh veggies and greens, she hasn't eaten much and I know it takes time. I hope she will learn to trust me and her personality will shine!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Man, such rough mating :p
Just continue keep her away from him and let her heal. Let's hope for a speedy recovery!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Glad to year they have their own space...:D. I hope your tortoise has a speedy recovery for sure :D. How big in size are the tortoise?

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
Thanks everyone! I hope she gets well soon too. Ill post pictures. I'm so in love with my torts...lol

gsvitek

5 Year Member
I'd put betadine on a swab & apply it to the shell wound if it is seeping. It will scab after that and keep it from infecting. They put it on horses for injuries from fences.

Status
Not open for further replies.