Bob's Poopie Worms

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I daily collect all Bob's poop and uneaten food and I throw it all in a far corner of the yard under a huge hydrangea that was just a stick when I started putting Bob's poop under it. I also use Bob's poop for fertilizer in my yard and it has brought back several plants from the brink of death.

But the reason for this thread is that his poop grows the largest night crawlers in the state of Oregon
Look at this sucker

246uyjl.jpg

here's another one, but I couldn't get both worms to stretch out for me...

2vwdx10.jpg

Look at the size of this sucker!

2cnwe2a.jpg

This is from about 5 minutes of digging thru Bob poop to collect all these worms...

2niy68i.jpg

I feed them to my box turtles and to Scruffie the mean old RES I have hidden in my carport shed. RES are illegal to own in Oregon...but I've had Scruffie for a long time. She's a dog chewed rescue so she's not very pretty as she's missing chunks of her shell. But she is the meanest thing living. She would bite my hand off at the elbow if she could. Maybe it's from living in the carport and inhaling all those exhaust fumes...

14xpf1i.jpg

mucq4o.jpg

34hcr3d.jpg

jpeogk.jpg

jfkxfn.jpg

25tg2nk.jpg

Well, I guess that's it. A long thread about worms and poop. Did you notice how many times I said Bob poop??? Hahaha

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
I thought this was going to be the reason Bob has been lethargic. I am relieved Bob did not actually poop those worm's out!! How's he doin' anyway?

M

Maggie Cummings

CtTortoiseMom said:
I thought this was going to be the reason Bob has been lethargic. I am relieved Bob did not actually poop those worm's out!! How's he doin' anyway?

We had sun today and he went out and basked for a long time. I really think that like the rest of us he was simply tired of the freakin rain day after day. Thanks for asking...

M

Maggie Cummings

ascott said:
Awwww...so Scruffle never gets to see daylight? :( He must be bad ......nice worms

On the occasion that the sun actually does shine in Oregon Scruffie has an outside tank to bask and swim in. But my yard is chain link and people can see in and often look in to see Bob. Because RES are illegal to own in Oregon I can't take the chance that she will be seen. Many Oregonians are snitches...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Eeeew terrible snitches...and I in no way meant anything bad...really...I just figured the resistance to sneak once in awhile would be horrible :D :D. You rock and good looking out :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Wow that poop has some serious stuff in it to get worms that size to grow in it...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
FYI earth worms and night crawlers are actually manure worms meaning they do best in manure. so it is no surprise they are doing so well there, and BTW I am telling on the RES :)

Good to hear bob is doing better.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
What a fun time! I love earthworms...... for fishing! you could catch some major fish with those babies! I'm glad Bob is enjoying the sun - if I could I'd trade weather with you for a short while. We keep RV's poop and use it for fertilizer 'plugs'. Happy happy plants.

hope you're well Maggie.

teri

Status
Not open for further replies.