Bluetooth Thermometer

TimR

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
So, I have completed my heated tortoise shed and would like to be able to monitor the temperature. Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth thermometer? I'm looking for something that I can use to check monitor the temperature in the shed and something that will send an alert if the temperature drops or raises to a certain temperature.

Thanks,
Tim

JLM

5 Year Member
Pensacola Florida
I love the SensorPush system. I have them in multiple places in my house and yard.

Byron Todd

Govee thermometer does what you want. It also conects to Wifi when you aren’t in Bluetooth range. I use it when I’m out of town for emergencies. It’s only like 20 bucks too.

Edit: the Wifi version is actually 40 bucks.

TimR

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Which model are you using? There are a bunch at different price points. Is it battery operated? If so, how long do the batteries work in WiFi mode?

Thanks,
Tim

Byron Todd

Which model are you using? There are a bunch at different price points. Is it battery operated? If so, how long do the batteries work in WiFi mode?

Thanks,
Tim
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FBCTQ3L/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

That’s the one I got. Batteries last over 6 months on Wifi. I’ve had it connected since I left for Christmas and it’s still reporting 2/4 bars.

The app does have some issues though, such as it auto logs you out after about a month so I don’t think it will send you a notification after about that long unless you reopen the app and log in. But at the price point the problems I can deal with.