Blind Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Wow! So much better! That’s great. I agree with Betts I would tell him she died and save her life. Or perhaps he would take a little money for her? He can't care that much about her to let this happen.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Oh yes, make the owner at least think that it is gonna cost HUNDREDS in vet bills and medication - or just give her to you and you will take care of it ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I tolddja that stuff was a miracle drug!!

Be honest. Don't tell him the tortoise died. You have to live with yourself. You didn't say in your original post...does he expect you to treat the tortoise and return it to him? You need to change your rules. You have to tell people that when they give you a turtle or tortoise for rehab, they are relinquishing all rights to the tortoise. In doing so, however, you must then assume the cost of all medicine and vet bills. If he is expecting the tortoise back, then you charge him the full amount of medicines, plus some extra for your time and his hospital stay.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I have used that cream before but it was on a cameleon,
I could never tell him it died because for a start he would want the body back to make an ashtray with its shell, I shall just tell him its a very serious and lengthy and expensive treatment,Just a little white lie,I am sure the good lord would approve if it saves this little tort.
Ive got her eating out my hand,shes slightly underweight but with some good diet she will be back to her proper weight in a few weeks,who knows it could take up to a year for her to get to full health.;)
By the way is she a Tunisian greek?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Cost of medicine 1000$, cost of a trained and experienced person to put on tortoise 150$ a day, lenght of said treatment 1 month, nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.