blackwidow spider question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Captain Awesome....really? I hope you are simply trying to get a "for fun" debate going here...I hope you realize that if someone is allergic to insects a "simple bite" from the BlackWidow can serve to be lethal? do you realize that if a small child or elderly adult gets a bite from the BlackWidow they can become very ill and can also prove to be letal?

If a healthy adult gets bitten by a BlackWidow, they can become ill for 2 weeks, extreme muscle pains/spasms increased agitation and hostility...because of the way the venom attacks your body, you will have extreme pain, this you can not get away from.

You can research this yourself, these are not "tales" they are indeed facts...
:D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I saw some kind of spider in one of my tortoise's pens the other day, but I left it there. Spiders are good at preying on insects, and I have seen a few fruit flies or gnats recently. I'm sure this spider will take care of them for me.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I move any spiders I find in the house outside but don't kill them. I've never seen black widows around my tortoises, but I have a ton of wolf spiders in my back yard and they don't seem to cause a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.