Bindi's New Grill

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
After some sedation, beak trimming, and bonding my baby Bindi has a new smile :) She was wide awake when I picked her up and is doing great! Thanks again Tyler Stewart for the recommendation on a great vegas vet!

Before (underbite with deep cracks on either side)

binds.png

After

binds3.png

binds2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Good looking Torts.

And Yes!!!!!!Tyler is a great guy.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Aww! She looks so much happier!

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
AZtortMom said:

I hope so! She is still a little sedated/loopy... still too soon to tell. Maybe thats why she's so happy :D! haha

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Looks great!
What exactly causes an underbite? One of my young ones is starting to develop one and it's puzzling me because the others have perfect beaks.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
happyjoyjoy said:
AZtortMom said:

I hope so! She is still a little sedated/loopy... still too soon to tell. Maybe thats why she's so happy :D! haha

Maybe [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] I know I would be [WINKING FACE]

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
diamondbp said:
Looks great!
What exactly causes an underbite? One of my young ones is starting to develop one and it's puzzling me because the others have perfect beaks.

I have no clue... the vet thinks that she was just born with a jaw abnormality, it has a medical term I forgot. So what happened is she was never able to trim her own beak while eating, so the lower beak just started growing rapidly and the top beak is pushing down on the lower which made it crack and begin to break off. But overall she said shes not 100% sure. Bindi is only just over a year old...... I just got her from an online breeder.... very disappointing :(

The vet also said I'm going to prob have to trim her beak throughout her whole life but we'll know within the year if it will fix itself. The cracks were deep! If you look at the after picture her whole lower jaw is a little discolored, thats all bonding...

dar64

5 Year Member
happyjoyjoy said:
After some sedation, beak trimming, and bonding my baby Bindi has a new smile :) She was wide awake when I picked her up and is doing great! Thanks again Tyler Stewart for the recommendation on a great vegas vet!

Ahhh thats so nice. I have a 2 year old that I've had a few months when I noticed her underbite. I've filed it a bit. Its not very long. Did the vet say yours will continue to grow as an underbite or will it correct itself. If not will it always grow and need trimming ?

After

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
dar64 said:
happyjoyjoy said:

Ahhh thats so nice. I have a 2 year old that I've had a few months when I noticed her underbite. I've filed it a bit. Its not very long. Did the vet say yours will continue to grow as an underbite or will it correct itself. If not will it always grow and need trimming ?

After

She said only time will tell..... also that a lot of tortoises she's treated have had a turn around and the beak has corrected itself but mine was one of the more severe so she's not sure. Good luck with yours!

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
I have a Golden Retriever named Bindi. Bindi Sue actually after the Crocodile Hunters daughter. RIP Steve.

:)

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
skottip said:
I have a Golden Retriever named Bindi. Bindi Sue actually after the Crocodile Hunters daughter. RIP Steve.

:)

Awe thats cute! Ya I love the name.... I was watching this documentary on youtube about this guy that cares for lions (some were white) in the wild, plays with them, etc. and he named one of them Sabindi and I loved the name so I decided that was her name and id call her Bindi for short. Everyone at the vet had a hard time with the name but.... o well....