Best seeds to plant for RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I would like to order some seeds and plant a few trays for Nelson to graze on. Can anyone share a website that you order seeds from? (as well as what seeds you order) I was going to order a seed mix that had a wide variety of seeds but it was $15 and I didn't want to order it unless other people recommeded it. Thanks!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I bought those $15 seeds! Were they from Carolinapetsupply? ;)

I actually planted the Chia seeds I got there, combined with some Dichondra seeds that terracolson gave me ( :D ), and they are thick little one-inch sprouts now. I'm going to let them fill in a bit more before transferring the "block" into Taco's pen to see if she'll take any interest in them. :p

I am planning to use the rest (as well as my broadleaf seed mix) in her outdoor enclosure this summer, and may grow a mini-flat in my garden as well to tempt her as much and as often as possible into eating some "natural" foods! Hah! :rolleyes:

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Thank you Terra!
And Steph yes they are from carolinapetsupply! I wish I had ordered them when I bought a new bulb from that website a few days ago. I would hate to pay another shipping fee! Maybe I'll see if there is time to add that to my order!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I've had great luck with the Broadleaf seed mix from Carolina pet supply, and Zoom LOVES every bit of it! She goes after the broadleaf plants as eagerly as she does those dandelions, lol! =)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
I went with carolina supply myself. Turtlestuff was a very poor experience for me.

I sent my order in with turtlestuff. Two weeks later, still no confirmation. I emailed and emailed. Finally got a response and she said they were shipped. Two more weeks went by and still hadn't recieved it. She gave me the tracking # and the post office said it did not exist.

Then I cancelled, and she went "Oh, I just went to the post office today and the seeds got torn open, I didn't know until now" (2+ weeks after she supposedly shipped). How would the post office NOT contact you to tell you your item was not shipped because it was damaged. Basically a lie.

Anyways, the carolina seeds grow pretty fast and are definitely worth it.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
you know, turtlestuff, did have a delay on shipping, but it did flood and i didnt worry to much about it.. they came..

But to think about it, if you had a issue with them, and i did, but felt it was justified, maybe there is a shipping issue with them...

Ok scratch them off the list, of reputable,

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Kate which seeds did you purchase from Carolina Pet Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.