Berlin Wall Memories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
20th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall... Anyone remember the day? Reactions? Personal encounters? 11/9 and 9/11 are the two most important dates in recent history.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
All I rermember is reagan's great speech. hard to believe it is 20 years ago myself.

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
I don't remember the day, but I was in 3rd grade and a classmate who had relatives there brought in a piece of the wall itself for show and tell a couple weeks after the fact.

It's hard to believe 9/11 was 8 years ago as well, I still remember that morning like it was just a couple months ago. I still have a hard time reading "Remember 9/11" accounts and seeing the photos, they still make me tear up.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I remember both....especially 9/11. I had my window open and I woke up coughing. When I looked outside the sky was very dark...almost black. My heart was pounding ...I was so scared...You could smell a horrible burning smell....my phone rang and it was my friend and he told me to put the TV on. Some friends came over my house, and we watched the news and waited to hear from other friends to see if they made it. Some didn't.....no words could describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.