behavior and sexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
With all the knowledge out there does everyone agree that females are more secretive than males, and does eating behavior come into play? The reason for this question is of my three leopards two are hardy eaters but very secretive the third is much more active but very picky about eating hes the youngest and too be honest im concerned he does eat but not like the others and his weight gain has been minimal thanks john

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I would say no on all accounts, eating behavior or behavior in general do not indicate sex. I have 3 male and 3 female adult and sub adults. The biggest pair have the same outgoing personality, the female eats A LOT more than the male. One of my smaller males eats more than both the bigger ones combined. My smallest pair usual hide more than the bigger ones, so it's more of a personality thing than a sex thing.

Do you think the other two are taking food away from the picky one? You might want to feed them seperatley, some tortoises will get stressed out (my opinion) when fed in groups and not eat as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.