Beardie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I think, if I have sexed them right I have two boys. One I am sure of, but the smaller one I am pretty sure. Question, when they are adults can two boys live peacefully together, if there are no females around? They will be in a 125 gallon tank.

I wasn't sure, I was thinking no but if someone knows for sure could you tell me.

Thanks,

chadk

10 Year Member!
jenrell23 said:
I think, if I have sexed them right I have two boys. One I am sure of, but the smaller one I am pretty sure. Question, when they are adults can two boys live peacefully together, if there are no females around? They will be in a 125 gallon tank.

I wasn't sure, I was thinking no but if someone knows for sure could you tell me.

Thanks,

Generally, no. But with that much space, maybe. But 125, with really tall sides, long, and thin... Well, what beardies need is square footage on the bottom. That's why many use the 'breeder' sized tanks...

How long and wide is it? If you provide several good basking spots (hot and cold) and access to the UVB, then they'll have less to fight over. But that's not fool proof. If your tank is big enough, you could put a divider in...

How did you sex them? If you post clear pics of their bottom side from tummy to tail, then I may be able to help...

reptic_critter

5 Year Member
Yea I don't recommend putting beardies together, thats just me from personal experience. I have also heard other people say that putting two males or two females together is, especially, not wise either since both, even the females, can get territorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.