Basking rock

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Just wanted to share some pics of my adorable russian. I recently put this flat rock for basking. It was originally from my leopard's indoor enclosure but now that he lives outdoors I figured my russian would appreciate it and he has been on it frequently taking in his healthy dose of sunlight.
It's on top of his hide (a bucket buried halfway underground with a large half log as an entrance). His enclosure is 8'x4' with lots of grasses and weeds.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Is that sandstone or slate?
It's about perfect for getting some heat from the sun.
Slate, I think. Got it from the garden center at home depot. Yes, it works great for getting heat especially on cooler but sunny days. My leopard used it a lot also.

TampaERDoc

Great set up you have for your horsfieldii. Do you have any issues with predators trying to dig under the walls and into the enclosure? Do you have hardware cloth underground as well? Do you have any issues with the tortoise trying to burrow out?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
He tries scaling the walls sometimes but digs only to hibernate. There is no hardware cloth on the bottom but I have some plastic fencing and rocks buried all around under the wood. He's been living outdoors for 3 yrs now. I search for him when he hibernates and bring him into the garage.
The only other animals I've seen in the area are cats. The cats go to the uncovered area where my leopard tort lives but ever since I put a barrier on top of the fence where they climb on they have never been back.