Basking Area Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleCarrigan78

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I have one of those floating basking things with the suction cups. Its relatively new, (June) Neither of the suction cups underwater stick anymore, and they are hardened. The ones above the water keep coming off. My question is: Is there anything I can do to make these restick? Do I need to buy new ones every few months? Is there anything better I can use for basking area? Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Isn't that just the most irritating thing? Why do they use such cheap plastic that it fails after a short time of use? Maybe you can drill a couple small holes in the edges of the platform and wire it up over the top of the tank. If you put it in a corner and wire on both sides it should hold it up.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
When I had some RES a while back, I bought a big piece of green floral styrofoam and shaped it with a nice ledge and resting areas. I cut it to fit tightly between the sides of the tank and wedged it in there. Worked great and was really cheap. :)

MichelleCarrigan78

10 Year Member!
Minnesota
Those are both really good ideas, thanks I'll get my engineeringly inclined husband to rig it up for me. THANK YOU!!!

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.