Basement enclosure. Big...

argus333

5 Year Member
Ok it's getting colder in I'm looking to builds in side enclosure in my basement for 2 sulcatas anyone have pics of how theydid this and what u use foe heat? My temps down there are 52 to 65, so I may get oil heater. What is a good size? I want it to be large but not to where they don't use it. Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure what you mean by large, but not so they don't use it? Also, a cement floor will be cold. I would cover the cement floor with something. Like insulation with a wood floor placed on top. Just my suggestion. I don't house my leopard in my house, I have a shed, with insulated floors, sides and ceiling. Hopefully someone on here does it in their basement.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
My experience with basements (not torts in basements, just basements) is that they tend to get very damp in the cold days. Make sure your enclosure is closed in and well heated, 80 plus. Damp and warm = good, damp and cold = dead tortoise. How big are your sullys?

argus333

5 Year Member
1 is 12 inch other is 14 inch they live in basement already it's finished so they would not be on cement floor, I've seen other on here in basement like to here from them.