Baby tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

loyolaboy98

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois
I just got my baby tortoise today and got him into his home. It was a long drive home and he was very active on the way. I got him into his habitat and he has closed his eyes and not moved for over 2 hours now in a strange position. Is he just sleeping or is there something wrong?

This is a picture

Attachments

• 1370119405336.jpg
    1370119405336.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 92

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks like he's just resting. Give us a run down of your temps, humidity, lighting you are using. Be sure your not using any type of coil bulb. Also, don't forget to give him time to settle in and get used to you.

loyolaboy98

5 Year Member
Chicago, Illinois
Im using a solar glow uv light, a ceramic infared heat emiter. The temp is around 85, and the humidity is around 80

And when its sleeping it moves its head and arms forward and back 3 times every now and then.

Is this ok?? Its actually been 4 hours now and im worried!

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Maybe try a warm soak? Idk if its a good idea to stress him more but this might help perk him up again. Was it cold in the car?

jax7271

10 Year Member!
Ontario, Canada
The movement of head and arms is the way they breath; as long as he isn't doing it constantly or appearing stressed, he is probably just resting from such a long trip...they need time to recover from such things..

loyolaboy98

5 Year Member
Chicago, Illinois
He is better now and eating, he was just resting. And i think the bobbing head thing was from stress but he has calmed down now and is eating and drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.