Baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise44

5 Year Member
hi im new here and have some questions first is I am going to be getting a hatchling and I want to know what exactly is best to feed him I have heard many things and just want to hear a true answer I figure I am going to feed him dandelion greens kale grasses timothy hay and treats once in a while also is mazuri good to feed them I have heard its good and bad please someone help me

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Welcome to the form, tortoise44! All the food you listed above are good for sulcatas. They do best when fed mostly weeds and grasses. The more variety you provide, the better.

The top 5 posts on the top of the sulcata section of this forum are sulcata caresheets. Here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-88.html

I recommend reading those if you haven't already. :)

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
I just got my first sulcata tortoise in the beginning of December. I have been feeding him spring mix, endive, collard greens, kale, cilantro, and zoomed tortoise food. My little guy has been growing steadily about 50 grams per month and he has a smooth shell so far. I think when I feed him more collard greens and kale he tends to get more urates but not sure if it is from that. When they are babies they tend to not like timothy hay. Mine didn't, I tried giving him some the other day and he ate a little bit. Good luck with your baby.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Welcome to TFO! The threads mentioned belong to Tom and they are invaluable! they should help you a lot! They helped me tremendously with my babies :)

Life is good

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Toms great thread is also the second thread below in my post, by my signature. They are a must in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.