Baby mouse/rat

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
He hurt his paws yesterday and bit his tongue trying to escape his baby cage. Scared me half to death seeing all the blood but he’s fine just a swollen tongue and some bruised paws. He’s eating mostly liquids till the swelling goes down but you wouldn’t know there was anything wrong just looking at him. Anyways he’s graduated into his big boy cage and is loving the extra room.

Destben

Kansas
maybe you can get him an exercise wheel. They have a lot of energy.
I have a wheel but hes not heavy enough to turn it. I just had my husband pick up a flying saucer wheel and some chew toys so hopefully that will be good. I might upgrade his tank once hes not small enough to fit through bars.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Totally understand your caring for this little pathetic looking guy/girl mouse.
Totally done LOTS of that myself!
All the best.:)
They do well on cooked "old fashioned" oats and cereal baby food until they are more grown, then they will enjoy raw oats and bran crackers, etc.

Destben

Kansas
Totally understand your caring for this little pathetic looking guy/girl mouse.
Totally done LOTS of that myself!
All the best.:)
They do well on cooked "old fashioned" oats and cereal baby food until they are more grown, then they will enjoy raw oats and bran crackers, etc.

I’m just worried that it’s to much iron.

Destben

Kansas
So update: Remy’s tongue is still swollen and he has lost 2 grams. He just got more fluids and some pain meds to coax him into eating a bit more. He is eating but not a bunch.

Destben

Kansas
So update: Remy’s tongue is still swollen and he has lost 2 grams. He just got more fluids and some pain meds to coax him into eating a bit more. He is eating but not a bunch.

So he’s perked up a lot and the pain meds worked like a charm and he filled his belly for the first time in like 2 days!! I’m so happy I could cry!
IMG_7974.jpg

Destben

Kansas
So this morning he wouldn't take his pain meds but he did eat a little i'm going to try giving it to him again later today. He was rubbing his bottom jaw raw and the fur was gone but I can tell its growing back a little and he has more use of his tongue.

Destben

Kansas
So far he is still only 5g and i'm almost out of puppy formula so im going to try getting a soy formula (because mice are lactose intolerant). I might also try ensure because the vet brought it up to help Remy out a little. I believe his tongue is back to normal but hes still not eating a whole lot. I have got to fatten him up some how.

Destben

Kansas
So hes going to the vet in a couple hours and I just barely got him to eat. Hes very dehydrated and seems to be sick and is sneezing. wish me luck guys this is a tough one.

Destben

Kansas
good luck.

So it went good he got his first dose of meds for his cold or URI (not sure what he has). And I figured out he doesn’t want to eat unless he’s cuddled in my hand so I’m gonna try and get him to eat as much as possible. I got him mazuri mouse diet so hopefully that will fatten him up