Baby Leopard has lump in throat

SuperSue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Back where the advice is true, fed up of the cross advice and criticisms of the care provided by the know it alls on Facebook!o_O
Right i am bringing my baby leopard up from 'Toms high humidity care' my baby leopard has been in a high humidity 80%+ since i got him aged 2.5 months. He is healthy eats well in UK so mainly weeds, loves clover, succulents.
Problem is i have felt a lump under his throat, not sure if it has always been there as just felt it. He is coughing and what sounds like gagging. Need to try look down throat, he has no signs of RNS.
Question is should a tortoise have what feels like an adams apple in their throat?

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
It sounds like something is stuck in his throat! Can you open his mouth and try to see what it is? :eek:

M

Maggie Cummings

You should be able to carefully pry open is mouth and look to see if something is stuck. He should be a nice pink color in there.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would offer a bit of mineral oil in a yummy bite size treat and see if that helps move along what sounds like a stuck object.....you will need to confirm if stuck object or not, and will want to do so soon....a tortoise can have something lodged and if it moves about it can block off the air way.....which would be bad.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Is the suspect spot able to be seen by the eye on a pic? If yes, perhaps posting a pic here would offer some further insight...