baby help

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
hi, could anyone tell me what to do after my pancake egg hatches.this is the very first egg that i can see the baby and all the veins. my egg came on sept. 11. i am so happy but alittle freaked out about what to do. happy holidays to all. ps. i will post pictures of my cakes as soon as i can.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know for pancakes, but I can tell you what I do for sulcatas and leopards. As soon as they leave the egg I get them out of the incubation chamber so they don't ingest too much substrate. I put them in a shoe box with damp paper towels on the bottom and keep it somewhere warm. I put their egg shell and some greens in there right away to keep them from eating the paper towels. Sulcata will eat while they are still IN the egg, but I don't know about pancakes. It won't hurt anything to have some greens in there just in case. Every day I give a quick soak while I clean the shoe box with hot water and replace the paper towels and greens. It usually takes around a week for the yolk sac to absorb and the umbilical scar to close up.

PM Tim/Robin for anything specific to pancakes. I bought two from him last year and he was very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. There are likely some tips and tricks that only a pancake breeder would know.

AND....... Keep us posted. I always consider it a small miracle when a new pancake is brought into the world. :)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Tom said:
I don't know for pancakes, but I can tell you what I do for sulcatas and leopards. As soon as they leave the egg I get them out of the incubation chamber so they don't ingest too much substrate. I put them in a shoe box with damp paper towels on the bottom and keep it somewhere warm. I put their egg shell and some greens in there right away to keep them from eating the paper towels. Sulcata will eat while they are still IN the egg, but I don't know about pancakes. It won't hurt anything to have some greens in there just in case. Every day I give a quick soak while I clean the shoe box with hot water and replace the paper towels and greens. It usually takes around a week for the yolk sac to absorb and the umbilical scar to close up.

PM Tim/Robin for anything specific to pancakes. I bought two from him last year and he was very knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. There are likely some tips and tricks that only a pancake breeder would know.

AND....... Keep us posted. I always consider it a small miracle when a new pancake is brought into the world. :)
thank you. i think its a miracle as well. i am such a newbie at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.