Asian Boxies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I get a call from a guy and long story short he relinquished a pair of asian box turtles to me. Upper respiratory infections galore. They are soaking now and already way more active. They had free roam of his house, he had taped business cards to the bottom of his shell so when they defecated it wouldnt get on the carpet. Well here they are at a perfect place with the proper environment. There eyes got pretty big when they saw the greenhouse :D

Attachments

• DSC01309.JPG
    DSC01309.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 127

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. I dont even want to say what he had in his house. Sad sad environment. They are doing great now so far. I like these guys just might get some more.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Fantastic pair. :cool: Are you planning on breeding them? Southeast Asia's freshwater turtles need all the help they can get.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
tortoises101 said:
Fantastic pair. :cool: Are you planning on breeding them? Southeast Asia's freshwater turtles need all the help they can get.

I most certainly am. I just might add quite a few more specimens as well. Ive seen these guys for sale at shows and online. Never really got into them much. However now my species of working with is about to get very large. Asian turtle/tortoises are in some serious need. I plan to get some mahouti as well.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
tortadise said:
I most certainly am. I just might add quite a few more specimens as well. Ive seen these guys for sale at shows and online. Never really got into them much. However now my species of working with is about to get very large. Asian turtle/tortoises are in some serious need. I plan to get some mahouti as well.

How many species of tort's do you have?! :p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
tortadise said:

How many species of tort's do you have?! :p

Tortoises 18
Turtles 5
And 1 bird on species.

nhaislip

5 Year Member
What species is it? Couldn't really tell from the carapace photo but looks like pani.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
tortadise said:

When you say you pan to get some mahouti, you mean Pyxidea/Cuora mahouti? That's one of my dream turtles!!! If you breed some, I'm interested!!!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh I meant to add some of these asian boxies. I will get some mahouti one day, if available in the spring time more than likely. They are a very gorgeous species of turtle. They are becoming rarer now days. I also still have yet to be successful with the spiny turtles. get eggs but no hatchlings yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.