As you know im new to all this (U.K. calcium supplement??)

jakjak

But after my last post i have made some new changes. But i was wondering what is the best uk based calcium powder and vitamin d supplement to use on my adult leopard tort. I have got her a cuttlebone but was wondering about the powder you can buy as there are so many with different things added plz help 😊

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
When you can get your tort outside for sunshine, warm summer weather, you don't need the D3. When you do find the one you want, don't give too much. Too much is as bad as too little. A little pinch once or twice a month is all I give for my 3 year old leopard and adult Russian.

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I am not that knowledgeable about Leopards, but due to the mainly cold weather here and you're keeping a tropical species, you are going to need to supplement a lot more than that.
Nutrobal used to be the preferred supplement, but now it is accepted that Nekton MSA is the best option. If you're Leopard is a large one, I would order a lot off Amazon, or if you only want a small quantity-Amazon's pricing structure is ridiculous-I can send you a bit at a much lower price than the equivalent on Amazon as I buy in the 2kg size.

jakjak

She is 8 year old so quite large

I have also given her today a cuttlefish but she has so far turned her nose up at it

dar64

5 Year Member
jakjak said:
But after my last post i have made some new changes. But i was wondering what is the best uk based calcium powder and vitamin d supplement to use on my adult leopard tort. I have got her a cuttlebone but was wondering about the powder you can buy as there are so many with different things added plz help 😊

where is the picture posted of your new leo ?

jakjak

I not sure where it was posted but i will post again ImageUploadedByTortForum1394923672.473816.jpg

Thats when i got her this 1 todays pic ImageUploadedByTortForum1394925370.848769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: