Are these safe for a sulcata? (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I got some plants from some of the ladies at work today because I was telling them about Bowser yesterday and they knew I wanted to start growing some stuff of my own. How awsome are they :D

Here they are. There's a lot more, I got bag fulls of the different kinds!
DSCN3329.jpg

I'm am farely certain that this one is good, but I just wanted to get a better pic of it...
DSCN3337.jpg

And here is the aloe plant. I got a lot of these. Are these safe for sulcatas?
DSCN3341.jpg

This one I'm not sure of. I have no idea what it is. The lady said that it was a cactus, but she didn't know what kind it is. What is this one? Is it also safe for sulcatas???
DSCN3340.jpg

Here is a close up of it. There is a pink color around the edge of each "leaf".
DSCN3332.jpg

Please help!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
cactus and aloe are fine, in fact great to feed, the other looks like a succulent to me,but I can't place it.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
She did mention that she had some succulents in her yard. Maybe she brought some in then? Hm, would it ok to use for food?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That one is a Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi 'Marginata' ) or aurora borealis and it is toxic.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
emysemys said:
That one is a Kalanchoe (Kalanchoe fedtschenkoi 'Marginata' ) or aurora borealis and it is toxic.

Ok, throwing those away ASAP!!! Doing that now so no one feeds it to her on accident.

Thank you for the help both :D

Oh yeah, I gave Bowser an aloe section (one of the long sections) and she LOVES it! At first I thought I was going to have to cut it up for her but after a couple of "test" bites she started chomping into it! I was supprised at how strong her mouth has gotten. It just shows that she is getting bigger and stronger I guess. And it looks like aloe is another thing that can keep her beak short.

Status
Not open for further replies.