apples and bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsphr90

5 Year Member
My little Torkoal ate good today! i noticed he/she (idk what sex yet) i noticed yesterday when i got home from school he/she had nibbled on his lettuce and carrots, but i gave him apples and bananas today and once i got him up he chowed down! :) hopefully the little tort is finally warming up to its new home :D

LindaF

5 Year Member
He is probably so happy to have tasty food to eat and not those nasty old multicolored pellet food they get at petsmart! Our RF is most active in the mornings. My daughter and I feed him before school. :)

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Northwest FL
My RF's are most active in the morning when i feed them b4 school too. Nothing like fruit salad for breakfast!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Just a reminder....apple seeds are NOT GOOD..(Poisonous)
and becareful with the nanner's ... it's like tortoise crack" ... and once bitten' ... they will only want banannnassss............:p

JD~:)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Bananas are loaded with great nutrients, but also high in sugar which is mildly addictive to many animals- even humans! :) Treat them like ice cream, but stand firm if they seem to be getting hooked on the stuff.

Apples- great for fiber and some other stuff. A bit high in sugars as well but not too bad. The seeds are poisonous if you over-do them, but Red-foots generally pass seeds whole. In fact, there is a research paper on seed dispersal by Red-foots (http://www.mendeley.com/research/se...-geochelone-denticulata-northwestern-brazil1/)

Good luck!

jsphr90

5 Year Member
oooh i will be sure not to give the little sprout the seeds, i cut up the apple first anyway, hopefully he'll eat his greens tomorrow too and not want just fruit, i still need to get mazuri too

Status
Not open for further replies.