Anyone's Torts enjoy peeing on ya?

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
My tort likes to crawl up to my shoulder when we are sitting outside, then emptying a very full bladder (clear, odorless but still omg),

Doesn't seem to be a coincidence. Could be a gravity and position thing, I guess, but the yearling is obviously very well-hydrated!

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Well, that is not the issue. He isn't frightened at all, lol, unless he gets to my collarbone and becomes acrophobic surveying his kingdom.

It is some other issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a tort that does something like this...

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
Today franklin (2 m/o sulcata) peed on my favorite pyjamas ! Had to toss them away because my parents would make a rage about wearing them again even after washing.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
tortoiseowner101 said:
Today franklin (2 m/o sulcata) peed on my favorite pyjamas ! Had to toss them away because my parents would make a rage about wearing them again even after washing.

LOL! If I had to throw out every item of clothing that got turtle or tortoise pee on it I would have nothing but socks left and quite a few less than I have now at that!
I frequently scrub their bellies with a soft tooth brush to get the gunk off and I have, on a few occasions, been sprayed in the face. I have since learned to angle the little guys away from me so they spray the side of the tub.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
Lol!! That reminds me of when I was holding my tortoise and I had to grab something from the kitchen so I carried her out of her room to the kitchen and when I was almost to her enclosure she peed on me. It literally drenched me!!

~lll