Anyone use this natual dewormer ?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
If You see worms in the poop, you need to have a fecal done at a vet. Seeing one in the poop almost always means too high a load of the parasite. Probably a pinworm if its big enough to see, and those aren't necessarily bad, except in high loads.

All the studies and actual tests I have seen on "natural" wormers like pumpkin and pumpkin seed concluded that they really don't work. If you have a tortoise with a high load of parasites, I would treat. Panacur is the drug of choice and quite safe used as prescribed.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If You see worms in the poop, you need to have a fecal done at a vet. Seeing one in the poop almost always means too high a load of the parasite. Probably a pinworm if its big enough to see, and those aren't necessarily bad, except in high loads.

All the studies and actual tests I have seen on "natural" wormers like pumpkin and pumpkin seed concluded that they really don't work. If you have a tortoise with a high load of parasites, I would treat. Panacur is the drug of choice and quite safe used as prescribed.
I agree.
A good vet can tell you the type of parasite and give you the dosage and treatment type based on the parasite and size and age of your tortoise.
Panacur is also what I have used in the past.
It seems to be mild and effective for a tortoise that is otherwise healthy.

xXtortoiseloverXx

10 Year Member!
south Florida

thanks for the advise, I have treated my tortoise with panacur before, and it works good, but now my little guy looks healthy and active, eating good, so I just try not to give him medicine.