Anyone know where can I adopt Aldabra/ Galapagos from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

I like aldabra and galapagos so much. I wanted to have more of them. Anyone know where could I get them and send them to Indonesia?

Its going to be my longgg term project to breed them and fill my yard with them.

TIA

Right now I have one baby aldabra, and she is growing so fast.
I am still looking for another one to company her. but its hard to find one that is smooth, not piramiding and has high dome.

29102008500.jpg

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
I saw some listed on Kingsnake, but not sure if they will ship overseas.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i have a galap. there was one in daytona beach, fl being for sale, but it just sold. go to conventions and ask people.... its all about who you know. like jeff gee, in AZ, he breeds them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I thought they were for real, however, they are in Indonesia and I doubt we could have helped. The picture was of a very young Aldab, but I couldn't make out the writing in the corner. I suppose it might have been a copied picture. Who knows?

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
The writing says MULTIPLY...
I used to do Big cat rescue and the stories and dreams I heard all the time of people with a heart of gold wanting to save tigers by breeding them and setting them free etc.. It just doesnt work that way.. good intentions, but reality....
etc etc.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
@spikethebest: unfortunately I cant go to the conventions..trying to find one who can export to Asia.
@Laura: which one is scam/ big dreamer?
@emysemys: its from my multiply. Hope nobody else copied the picture.
@Laura: I hope someone could save tigers ... unfortunately many people hunt them :(

Sulcatatortoiseman

5 Year Member
hey sunrise wer u get the grass your tortoise on i need to get grass with no pesticides that my tortoise can graze on lol

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
spikethebest said:
i have a galap. there was one in daytona beach, fl being for sale, but it just sold. go to conventions and ask people.... its all about who you know. like jeff gee, in AZ, he breeds them.

I hear Jeff Gee hasn't bred them in a while. Jeff Gee brokers (buys animals from other breeders and resells) a lot of animals.

I believe there is one individual in Florida breeding galapagos tortoises on a somewhat regular basis.

Sunrise

5 Year Member
thanks for the info.
still cannot find the way to ship it from US. anyone?

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
You're not going to find anyone that is going to give you any Galap or Aldabra.

I believe there is a dealer in Singapore who sells them. If you're seriously interested in buying any email me directly at [email protected] and I'll send you my friends contact info if you would like.

Sunrise said:
thanks for the info.
still cannot find the way to ship it from US. anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.