anyone know of a good website

Status
Not open for further replies.

findme8801

5 Year Member
anyone know of a good website to buy a tortoise?...I have read many horror stories and I want to make sure I find a good vendor. I just cant find any pet stores that carry tortoises in the area. so if u have had a good experience let me know

thanks

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Go to Fauna or kingsnake, find one you like, then ask specifically. Sure, you've read horror stories. People rarely comment when everything is fine. Or, maybe someone here has just what you're looking for.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
What type of tortoise are you looking for? Tyler is a very good person to work with. Very trust worthy. And he is here on the forum so you could always keep in contact with him.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I'll go ahead and say whats already been mentioned afew times already. We really need a breeders' section on the forum.

findme8801

5 Year Member
im looking for a russian or redfoot tortoise....im think ill get a redfoot tortoise though the only thing that im worried about is that they get a little bigger. I want to keep him/her indoors.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just a note of explanation (if anyone cares):

I moved this thread from the vendor review section because it isn't really a review of a vendor. The vendor review section is similar to the "for sale" section, in that there isn't supposed to be any conversation on it...just a review of a vendor and anyone else who has had good or bad dealings with that particular vendor may comment also.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Well turtlesource.com they sell torts and kingsnake.com and also turtletary.com the are the best in my opinion

Thank the LORD :D

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
There are several breeders on this forum, if you are just looking for a Redfoot or a Russian. AllegraF has great Cherryhead RFs. That is who I purchased my last two from. Suppose you could go down the for sale threads find the breeders and PM them. They might have something for you or know of someone else who might. I like working with the breeders on the site, because if I have any questions...they are always here to respond.

Good luck on your upcoming addition.

B

byerssusan

I myself went on craigslist and got our sulcata tortoise. She was 2 weeks old and we gave only 40 for her. Worked out very well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.