Anyone in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assante

5 Year Member
Is there anyone in Florida near the Orlando area?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using TortForum mobile app

Assante

5 Year Member
I have an idea to make some what of a tortoise sanctuary and I was wonder if there were members close by to help.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
That would be great! I live in the panhandle of Florida. I've been wanting to find members close to where I live so that we can help each other if there's a tort that needs rescuing or rehoming. Tell me what you've thinking.

kjr153

5 Year Member
Man o man do I wish I was in FL. Laying in the warm sand, soaking up the sun.

Assante

5 Year Member
I have friend who will donate some land for our use. I would like to start a non for profit that could help re-home or even sometime keep tortoises.

I would also like to use the place ti help educate people educate people about torts, especially the gopher tortoise.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
I'm in casselberry area that sounds like a great idea i would love to be apart of something like that

Assante

5 Year Member
I am researching on exactly how to do this because I am not completely sure.

herbortamus

5 Year Member
Florida
Hello, I am also in Central Florida. Have any of you ever heard of the Chelonian Research Institute? They do take in (I don't know about rehome) unwanted tortoises and turtles. They have a lot of land but most of it is not in use - being a not for profit they are in need of money and man power.

It's always worth a visit, anyway.
http://chelonianri.org/

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Re: RE: Anyone in Florida?

herbortamus said:
Hello, I am also in Central Florida. Have any of you ever heard of the Chelonian Research Institute? They do take in (I don't know about rehome) unwanted tortoises and turtles. They have a lot of land but most of it is not in use - being a not for profit they are in need of money and man power.

It's always worth a visit, anyway.
http://chelonianri.org/

That's 10min away from me....totally going there

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Assante said:
I have friend who will donate some land for our use. I would like to start a non for profit that could help re-home or even sometime keep tortoises.

I would also like to use the place ti help educate people educate people about torts, especially the gopher tortoise.

This is something that will take a lot of work. It is doable for sure. How much land are we talking about? I would interested in building a facility on the property to accommodate a gopher tortoise rescue/sanctuary. We get calls from all over the nation needing homes for tortoises. The more area coverage over the corners of the nation, the better sanctuaries/rescues can be successful. If your interested I can slowly fund a satellite facility of our organization on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.