Anyone have one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah

5 Year Member
Saw this on a link to a rep store here at this site, thought it might be nice to have, thoughts, anyone have one? we dont get sun in the outdoor habitat til later in the day and they seem to want it in the morning, AND i have a nice grass area i could happily share. with these dimensions would one be enough for both torts, or should i get two?
and no, i am not wealthy, i am hoping to find a local carpenter through craigslist to make them for me perhaps!!
Tortoise Play Pen
Tortoise Play Pen. Place on your lawn and watch your tortoise feed on beneficial grass. Allows your tortoise to absorb natural UVB rays from sunlight, very important for their health and shell growth. Complete with “private sleeping area”. Easy to assemble. Dimension: 39.5"Lx19"Wx16"H

Attachments

• tortoiseplaypen.jpg
    tortoiseplaypen.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 51

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I do not have one but I have seen them in the stores. They look like they would be really easy to make. and expensive for what you get.

hannah

5 Year Member
yeah, maybe so, i thought about finding a carpenter( i personally cant do a thing with wood and dimensions) but decided to bite the bullet, found it throgun google checkout with shipping for $80. and its a zoo-med product and i like them.i will be counting on it, for that price to be nicely made with no nails/screws sticking out and good quality all around.
so i got permission from my husband to get this as my mothers day gift, instead of that 1/2 day at a spa.....
boy am i spoiling my two!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I thought they would be wonderful for folks with either one or maybe a couple of young Russians. Like the fact that it is mobile for those who can't build outside or have to borrow yard time from somebody else.

desertsss

5 Year Member
Seems to be good for traveling, or a day trip to the park or something, but seems really small.

hannah

5 Year Member
its 40 inches long about 20 wide and it is just for morning grazing and sun before going into the outdoor habitat for the dau which doesnt get direct sun til mid afternoon....and for neighbor visits, and stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.