Anyone from Indiana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any members from Indiana? I am in Greenfield, which is about 20 miles or so southeast of Indianapolis.
Have a good night!
:tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi....well I am not from Indiana...but I was there tons of years ago (when I was like 16/17 years old, went with a boyfriend and his family) I was there about 3 months and ran back home to California....kinda was scary, the first week I was there (martinsville) the Klan came through and that city was one of their "visit spots" so crazy...the mosquitoes were the size of small aircraft and the humidity was like 500% and the thunderstorms hit so loud that I ran and hid....and that is where I learned to NEVER throw aerosol hairspray cans into the trash because they commonly burn the household trash.....how was I suppose to know? I can still hear my then boyfriends father yelling violating cursing and ducking for cover...LOL really funny now...but not then.....loads of fun :p. But very green and lush...probably would enjoy it better at this stage in life?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Great story! Id have to say tho, that it still sucks here now just as bad as it did then! Lol! I miss my home state of Florida! But all of the family is here so I guess I will stay till I get to retire. Blah!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
WOW, I am starting to think Indiana fell off the map... I can understand why tho! :p

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Hi! So this is a late reply, but I just joined recently and just found this thread. I'm originally from Indiana and will be moving back in about a month. I'll be in the Plainfield area (west Indy suburbs). Glad to find another tortoise keeper in Indy!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Wow, I just happend to check this, glad to know someone is here besides me! Lol!

jenkins2728

5 Year Member
Indiana
I am from Indiana. Greenwood area. Just a bit south from Indianapolis. I'm glad to see other Indiana people owning tortoises. Weather here makes it hard to house them anywhere but indoors for most of the year.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RE: Anyone from Indiana?

Are they supposed to admitt to that ?....:p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
N2TORTS said:
RE: Anyone from Indiana?

Are they supposed to admitt to that ?....:p

H*ll no! :p
I'm from Orlando but I got moved to this state by my mum and dad. Darn parents!!! :(

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
Hoosier here as well....Not something I proudly admit to :p From Anderson at that. Which makes it even worse I believe lol

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Dont feel bad, thats where I was raised after my "smart" parents draged me back here from Orlando!! :( I Greenfield now... No better...

jason g.

5 Year Member
Also a Hoosier. (connersville indiana). I'm proud of it though.lol It's the state that made me mostly. I've lived in Ohio ,Mississippi,and Florida. I didn't realize so many people from Indiana are on here. I'm so happy;)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yeah, seems like more and more people from Indiana and Ill and Ohio are finding this great forum now! I have learned so much from so many people on here, very happy I came across it!

jason g.

5 Year Member
Me too Cooper is an awesome tort. I hope my rose is as big as Cooper in 5 months. Cooper is 5 months older than rose is. Rose is 5 1/2" last i measured. Cooper is a really cute tort.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks Jason! Rose is a very nice looking tort too! Cooper is a big, spoiled ham. Love him to death, but I do sort of wish he would have grown just a little slower then he has. He outgrows his indoor areas faster then I can buy/make new ones for him! :p But with Sully's, you have to expect the unexpected! :)

jason g.

5 Year Member
cemmons12 said:
Thanks Jason! Rose is a very nice looking tort too! Cooper is a big, spoiled ham. Love him to death, but I do sort of wish he would have grown just a little slower then he has. He outgrows his indoor areas faster then I can buy/make new ones for him! :p But with Sully's, you have to expect the unexpected! :)

Lol that's no joke! I have a 59" kiddy pool in my living room but I don't mind.
2012-06-17_01-49-00_597.jpg

It's still a work in progress. I gotta buy some more stuff Friday. ;)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
jason g. said:
cemmons12 said:

Lol that's no joke! I have a 59" kiddy pool in my living room but I don't mind.
2012-06-17_01-49-00_597.jpg

It's still a work in progress. I gotta buy some more stuff Friday. ;)

Thats for sure! Lucky Rose, has her own indoor pool! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.