Any New Hampshire tortoise owners on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Thought it would be nice to get to know what people in my area do for their tortoises since we are not in the most hospitable climate. Maybe trade info?

ResidentialZoo

5 Year Member
MarcaineArt said:
Thought it would be nice to get to know what people in my area do for their tortoises since we are not in the most hospitable climate. Maybe trade info?

Howdy.. Live Free or Die! :O)

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Hey guys. I'd like to know more about how you house your Torts in this climate. I'm working on an outdoor enclosure that I'm hoping to have my guys in over most of the summer and while they are there I will be redoing an old unused bathroom in the basement to be their winter home.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Hate to double post, I feel tacky...But if anyone knows a good place to get Russians around here...I'm all ears!

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
Local I'm not sure. I got mine on craigslist. I haven't seen any posted for a while though.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Likewise, though I have found one locally (Well semi, it's in Biddeford Maine, not too far!)! It's about 4" and quite young. Male, at that! I'm stoked!

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Nixxy said:
I live right on the Maine border, myself.

I'm new to forum stuff, and tortoise care, can we share phone numbers on this site? I live in Maine. I'm also part of a closed facebook group. Maybe this forum has too many members for a closed fb site. But it would be fun.

Attachments

• Zebulon.jpg
    Zebulon.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 25

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
several different species free to good homes
I have had a family emergency that forces me to find homes for my tortoises and turtles because I will be away a lot caring for a family member. I do not know how to ship and would prefer not to. I could drive a reasonable distance to meet a prospective adopter. They are free. I will be keeping my equipment though. There is one sulcata about 10 inches long. One Russian about 7 to 8 inches long. Two larger sliders about 7 to 8 inches and two smaller red paints about 4 inches. Send me a pm if within driving distance of southern NH.

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-several-different-species-free-to-good-homes#ixzz27OgbE9xR

Status
Not open for further replies.