Any idea what these are?

Scatternobrains

Location (City and/or State)
Cambridgeshire, UK
Hi,

We have been looking at the Tortoise Table for info about what we can feed our tortoise (horsefield)

The kids have picked these from the garden but I can't match them up with anything enough to be 100% confident they are safe.

image.jpg

do you know what they are and if they are safe?

Many thanks
Kerry

Last edited by a moderator:

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
The top might be wild strawberry but I'd need to see the whole plant. The second plant is most likely edible, a thistle maybe. Whole plant pictures help.

Scatternobrains said:
Hi,

We have been looking at the Tortoise Table for info about what we can feed our tortoise (horsefield)

The kids have picked these from the garden but I can't match them up with anything enough to be 100% confident they are safe.

do you know what they are and if they are safe?

Many thanks
Kerry

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
I don't think that the first one is wild strawberry, but ai din't know what it is either. :/

On the second ione i agree with Alma that it could be thistle.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you go into your userCP you can type in a location. Then we'd know where you are in the world and it might help figure out what you've got there.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Last one looks like thistle, the third one seems to be sorrel (you could try tasting it, if it is sour it should be sorrel ;) )

redterra

1-Not sure
2-the feathery edged, triple-leaf plant covering most of this pic looks like the leaf of columbine-which IS poisonous (i think leaf, flower and seed). So I'd make sure what it is before using it.
3-not sure
4-Looks like a form of mint. not sure if they eat mint...i've never tried it but I think no.
5-not sure
6-Not sure hat its called but its edible. And prickly.
Suzy