Any guesses on sex of redfoot?

Jyo

We have a young Redfoot (almost 4 inches) that the pet store we purchased from said is about 3-4 months old. I know it's hard to determine sex until they are bigger but thought maybe someone might be able to tell?
image.jpg

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Still too young. They all look like girls at that age :)

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
We have a young Redfoot (almost 4 inches) that the pet store we purchased from said is about 3-4 months old. I know it's hard to determine sex until they are bigger but thought maybe someone might be able to tell?
View attachment 90396
I have Reds as well! Your little guy is actually if I had to guess looking like 8-10 months. @N2TORTS????

Last edited:

Tyanna

Wisconsin
The pet store told me my tortoise was a few month old but he definitely is wayyy older than that. :) (He didn't even know he had lettuce on his face...;):p)

Attachments

• IMG_0405.JPG
    IMG_0405.JPG
    836 KB · Views: 7

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
The pet store told me my tortoise was a few month old but he definitely is wayyy older than that. :) (He didn't even know he had lettuce on his face...;):p)
You have two Tortoise? This one is cute too! :) be sure to read all the care sheets on your Torts here at the Forum. There is some great advice here, and everyone is happy to answer your questions. :)

Be sure to offer darker greens also, they're more nutritious. :)

Tyanna

Wisconsin
No only one tortoise! I was just stating the pet store lied to me about the age of my tortoise, and Jyo's tortoise looks a little older than 3-4 months, but I'm not sure. And I do feed spring mix now, that was the day I got him and the store was feeding him lighter greens so he wouldn't touch the darker stuff so I was mixing them so that I could slowly take out the lighter, less nutritious greens!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Well congrats! We'd love to see more pics! I love his black belly! Did you give him a name? Here are my silly babies: ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1407245965.709941.jpg