Status
Not open for further replies.

knight_visionn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/2822799522.html

"Their parents are over 100 years old.

These tortoises are extremely hardy, very easy to take of, and are very cheap to feed as they are vegetarians.

Can be kept in a dry fish tank / aquarium with sand.
"

Every time I see something like this, I feel bad for the unsuspecting, unknowing future parents.

Emailed them, but got no response. Also, 100 years old :p

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
Ignorance of US law here - but can you buy Sulcatas that small normally??? I'm not even going to comment on the sand bit....

Katherine

5 Year Member
Good grief. Someone is for a surprise if they are purchasing an animal advertised as "very cheap to feed" and then going home with a Sulcata! I hope these tortoises find loving homes with responsible owners who can provide better living conditions then they are currently receiving...sadly they will likely suffer the effects of their current care for a while to come. Alarming to see things like this but as always education is the answer! By continuing to do things the correct way while informing everyone we network with we will eventually due these majestic tortoises justice.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Ads like that are saddening. :(

Glad that this forum is here to reach out and teach those who will listen. So glad you emailed the person who made that posting, and hopefully others will, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.