Another Arizonan

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckster548

10 Year Member!
Hi y'all,

I have become the proud parent of 5 Desert Tortoises as of last October, I kept them in the house whlist I was building their enclosure. (I know, pictures please).
We adopted them from a fellow from church and I have been enjoying them recently.
I will post pictures of all 5 and their enclosure.
Unsure of age but the fellow we adopted them from "says" they are all form the same "litter" but they range in size and attitudes.
Real quick question, feeding; should they be fed daily and should it be at about the same time? I change their water daily and have been feeding them daily also but I am not sure if that is the proper thing to do.
In any event, I have already learned alot from this forum and undoubtedly will learn much more.

Peace,
The Chuckster

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I like to feed daily, but it depends on the season and what you are feeding them. If they live outside and there is suitable graze then you don't have to give them "extra" food every day.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Chuck :)

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Chuck:

Welcome to the forum!!

If my outside tortoises live in a habitat with plenty of graze, I don't feed them at all. I will occasionally toss in a branch off the mullberry tree, or grapevine, but other than that, they get their food from grazing.

M

Maggie Cummings

I believe in feeding daily. I just add a little extra so they get a variety in their diet so they grow strong and healthy...welcome! You have my favorite species...they come in 'clutches' not litters! :D you will so much enjoy them. How old are they? Pictures please!!!

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome Chuckster! NIce to see some people from Arizona here.

Bad news....I don't think you are allowed to keep 5 desert tortoises in your possession without a special permit. I believe the limit is one. Unless you live on a reservation, then laws may be different. Check with AZG&F.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice to have you joining us! Would love to see pictures of your gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.