AMBIENT LIGHTING HELP

ShellingtonTheFirst

Location (City and/or State)
London
I’m having a hard time finding an ambient lighting source that is a low enough wattage that it wouldn’t really affect the overall temperate of the vivarium. Regular bulbs are too high in watts so I was thinking perhaps a really low UVB output bar? Thoughts? 592AF91E-0382-4ECF-98E0-3EC761C162A4.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’m having a hard time finding an ambient lighting source that is a low enough wattage that it wouldn’t really affect the overall temperate of the vivarium. Regular bulbs are too high in watts so I was thinking perhaps a really low UVB output bar? Thoughts? View attachment 352215
You need LEDs. Either the strip type that mounts under cabinets to light up counter tops, or the regal screw in types if you have a normal light socket. Be sure to get one in the 5000-6500K color range. Most of them are 2500K and they look yellowish. This info will be on the package.

Here is an example that I found here in the US at Walmart:
IMG_8099.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yep
LED provide beautiful light but do not heat up the surrounding areas. They're long lasting. They also tend to use very low levels of electricity.