Amazing split scute record

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
This little guy hatched out yesterday but had the egg shell stuck over his body. I was amazed to see this when I removed it today. Talk about a totally unique baby, this is incredible. He seems healthy and is walking all around the enclosure, so I doubt this is causing any health issues. I really wonder what he will look like as he grows.

20160426_172523_resized (1).jpg
20160426_172324_resized (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wouldn't it be neat if it was symmetrical...the same on both sides? He's, or should I dare say - She's special alrighty. Are you keeping her?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Whoa! Following this one for updates over the next dozen years. :p

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Wouldn't it be neat if it was symmetrical...the same on both sides? He's, or should I dare say - She's special alrighty. Are you keeping her?

Definitely would be amazing is she was symmetrical. I'm not really set up to raise a baby, so I'll find her a nice home with someone who values special animals. although, I am partial to split scutes and other differences which make an animal stand out from the regulars and be unique.

Michael Malone

Dallas, Tx
Did the person u sold her to keep in touch and send u any updated pictures I would like to see what she looks like now.