Always changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is my biggest guy, not sure if male or female. Today he was doing some tail wiggling and standing high. I was hoping for a minute that he was going to flash me, need to start keeping an eye out for that more often. I would love to know if its male or female. I never imagined that this guy would develop the way he has

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats one cool lookin tortoise!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
try soaking it and then flip it back into your hand kinda on its back but up right a bit and massage a q-tip on its cloaca. I get my male to flash me now this way. Although I had him scoped few weeks before he did it. I tried this method many times when he was younger and saw no results. leading to the endoscopy. I say wait for it. I get flashed all the time now and shake my head every time he does after shipping, anesthesia, and now he tells me all the time. "Hey look, I AM A MALE". Ha

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
mike taylor said:
Thats one cool lookin tortoise!

Thank you, he is one of my favorites. Ive had him since he was a little guy

tortadise said:
try soaking it and then flip it back into your hand kinda on its back but up right a bit and massage a q-tip on its cloaca. I get my male to flash me now this way. Although I had him scoped few weeks before he did it. I tried this method many times when he was younger and saw no results. leading to the endoscopy. I say wait for it. I get flashed all the time now and shake my head every time he does after shipping, anesthesia, and now he tells me all the time. "Hey look, I AM A MALE". Ha

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. Im hoping for male but not sure because of the split scute. That could have been genetic or incubated at high temp

Status
Not open for further replies.