Alocasia infernalis

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Stopped by Wal Mart today, and they have some house plants in stock, all ready for the New Year. I picked up this alocasia infernalis, This is a new plant for me, one I didn't recognize. when I see alocasia I see possible tortoise food.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Barb: Just the s/e asian tortoises. It is a toxic plant.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
You know Len. When I (seldomly) go to wally world. I always find wee allocasia or callocasia like these. They have grown into nice plants. Of course the mountains tends to devour them come winter time. Great find though.

Some pothos from a wally world purchase. They are determined. Especially for native flora.

Attachments

• IMG_20131222_142329_148.jpg
    IMG_20131222_142329_148.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Are these the ones in like a wooden display? Like for $5.00? If so, I was looking at the one our store got in this week trying to decide next week if I have money which ones I would be killing. (I am a houseplant killer of great power! :D ). I was just sorry they never had any Christmas cactus this year. Mine died during the summer. :(

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Most the times they are in 2qt or 4qt pots. They range from 2-8$ depending on time of year.

Oh yes barb she got it. She also pulled a 6' long stem that peaked its leaf and stock in her pen. Quite funny.