All new Arcadia tortoise food?? Thoughts from experts please

Andreotti10

Location (City and/or State)
York
Hi
I have 2 amazing happy healthy horsefields living in the U.K. with me.
I always want to improve their food and diet as they love kale and dandelion weeds, however I want more variation incase they miss any nutrients

Arcadia have been discussing this new optimised 52 food now. It contains 52 different grasses and weeds they need etc

Starts as a block/tile and it expands.

Anyway I got it today, before I used it I wanted to check with you experts if you approve. Tom and Yvonne I would love your thoughts
Photo attached

Attachments

• AF4BA306-8566-49CF-8158-34B66335566F.jpeg
    AF4BA306-8566-49CF-8158-34B66335566F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi
I always want to improve their food and diet as they love kale and dandelion weeds, however I want more variation incase they miss any nutrients

Arcadia have been discussing this new optimised 52 food now. It contains 52 different grasses and weeds they need etc

Anyway I got it today, before I used it I wanted to check with you experts if you approve. Tom and Yvonne I would love your thoughts
Photo attached
I'm not Tom or Yvonne, but it looks OK to me (provided your tortoise will eat it).

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Screenshot_20221224-082242.png

Screenshot_20221224-082427.png

Seems pretty good... if I can find some I'll try it out.

J

Andreotti10

York
View attachment 352792

View attachment 352793

Seems pretty good... if I can find some I'll try it out.

J
Brilliant il try it

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi

Photo attached
Its a new product, so no one has any experience with it. Ingredients look good. Arcadia is a brand name that I trust more than most. I wouldn't hesitate to use this as part of a varied diet.

I would start by soaking a tiny broken off piece of one block and mixing that with a favorite green. Then gradually add more of the new item over time

Andreotti10

York
Its a new product, so no one has any experience with it. Ingredients look good. Arcadia is a brand name that I trust more than most. I wouldn't hesitate to use this as part of a varied diet.

I would start by soaking a tiny broken off piece of one block and mixing that with a favorite green. Then gradually add more of the new item over time
They seem to like it both eating it

Attachments

• 3DC41068-B782-474E-B8E7-9D462182BA95.jpeg
    3DC41068-B782-474E-B8E7-9D462182BA95.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Russians aren't much for eating grass, and the hydrated product looks pretty grassy. If it were me, I'd grind it up in a coffee grinder and sprinkle it over the day's offering of wet greens.

Andreotti10

York
Russians aren't much for eating grass, and the hydrated product looks pretty grassy. If it were me, I'd grind it up in a coffee grinder and sprinkle it over the day's offering of wet greens.
You are so right Yvonne it’s very grassy, they are eating it but not as impressed as when the kale or dandelion leaves appear.
I will do exactly as you suggested and sprinkle it on as I’m sure what’s in this grass is good for them