Zip: 92084
Advertising: Nationwide
Phone: 760-672-0127
User Location: Vista
User Web Site: User Web Site
All User Ads: All Ads by ToucanMan

Ad Information:

Price: 1800.00

I have Captive bred Aldabra tortoises for sale.
7-8", Awesome !!!!
email for more info
Toucan jungle is in North San Diego if you wish to see them
05164528439.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
They are awesome looking

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I saw this on Craigs List. It didn't give a price, but said there was a rehoming fee. It said something like huge rehoming fee. Why do they call it a rehoming fee? They are really just FOR SALE. Am I missing something?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You can't sell animals on CL, so people think they are being smart by saying "rehoming fee" instead of for sale. They usually get flagged though, I don't care one way or the other, just explaining the rules of CL.

cork_screw

10 Year Member!
Why is there a rehoming fee? Do you think we're all stupid and don't realize that they're up for sale, as opposed to disguising it as a "rehoming fee" so it sounds different even though we're paying you money to get one.

"Hey, I'm going to give you a free car, but the keys cost $20,000, still want it?"

Look, people aren't as stupid as you think they are, just be honest/straight and people will respond better. I hate this rehoming fee like they're doing something other than what they're actually doing.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I didn't know you couldn't sell animals on C/L. But now I get the re-home fee thing. I agree it is dumb.

travisgn

5 Year Member
The wording may sound silly, but the system really does work. And there is a difference between selling and re-homing (not in the case of these tortoises, which is clearly in violation of craigslist terms, but in general there is a difference). There are many craigslisters who diligently flag ads from breeders, or even worse, flippers, and leave the ads alone that are really just people who got into a situation where they could no longer take care of an animal and want to find it a better home. I applaud both craigslist and the flaggers for doing their part to slow animal exploitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.