AHI POKE YUMMY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
ALMOST looks like orange chicken from the pics. I'm sure it tastes good...I just can't get myself to eat fish!

I'll eat sushi rolls and fish sticks lol

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
This is a delicious meal. I have had ita few times, can't find it here.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Ya know I passed up looking at this thread, just wasn't sure what to expect. But now, oh man I want to try it!! How about someone make a batch here and ship it to us?? Danny, you game?? I just don't have it in me to do much planning and cooking. Rather clean out my horse stalls to be honest, oh where is the wife joke for that one?

S

stells

HA!! John was wrong... and he has fire breathing cats!!!

onarock said:
Actually John, Ahi means fire. :p. The Hawaiians did not have modern fishing line and used thin rope that they made as fishing line. When they hooked a Yellow Fin Tuna (Ahi), it would take off soo fast that the rope rubbing on the gunwale (Nautical term for the top edge of a boat) on the Wa'a (Hawaiian word for canoe, pronounced Vah-ah) sometimes caught fire. Hawaiians would yell Ahi, Ahi and thats how the fish got its name.

squamata said:
stells said:
lol... Bozo.... what have you been feeding your cat!!!

squamata said:
that looks like something my cat puked up! can ya send me some, I want to taste it.
It says it right up there in the title kelly, AHI, that means tuna.:D
And as for your name calling I have sent a p.m. to the proper authorities ( danny) So prepare to be moderated....LOL :D

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
onarock said:
:) Thanks Danny. I can send you a couple of family recipe's for Poke if you like. Next day Poke in a frying pan for a minute or two over some steamed white rice is also a guilty pleasure.

Mmmmmm. Sounds delicious!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Looks super yummy to me! I love sea food. In fact I have not had seafood I don't like! I need to move back to cali... or maybe to Hawaii!!!!! Arizona is too far from the ocean.. the sea food sucks here!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
onarock said:
Actually John, Ahi means fire. :p. The Hawaiians did not have modern fishing line and used thin rope that they made as fishing line. When they hooked a Yellow Fin Tuna (Ahi), it would take off soo fast that the rope rubbing on the gunwale (Nautical term for the top edge of a boat) on the Wa'a (Hawaiian word for canoe, pronounced Vah-ah) sometimes caught fire. Hawaiians would yell Ahi, Ahi and thats how the fish got its name.

Very interesting!! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
While I'm not a fan of raw fish, I do have to admit that the picture looks pretty appetizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.