Agressive stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Hi guys! I've just recently combined my 2 stars and they keep competing with each other. When they walk around their pen, I would see the smaller one(yoda) getting in the way if the bigger one(lucky) and she would not budge, she would push when being pushed and would just not give way, so you'd see them pushing each other, at times the bigger one looks as if she's climbing on top of the small one. But Yoda would just wiggle a little bit and push lucky.

They compete over hides too, Lucky would go in a hide and Yoda would follow and then i'll hear scraping sounds, when I go look, Yoda is inside the hide and Lucky seems to be trying to push her out but she won't budge again. There are 2 other hides in their pen but wherever the big one goes, the little one follows.

On food and me, when I approach them, they know I come bearing food. They would walk to me very fast and you could see Yoda trying to get in the way of Lucky..

Is this dangerous behavior? Should I separate, or just let them be?

I've had Yoda for over a year and Lucky for about 7 months. This is the first time they are together in a pen.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
This is normal behavior, it's a dominance thing.
One of them could get hurt and badly, I would either separate them or keep a very close eye on them,
They could sort it out or maybe not.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
there's a small scrape on the smaller torts head, it's not really a gash or anything just a skin scratched off...

They seem to have settle into an "agreement" though, I combined their hide so it forms a bigger one, they sleep together there but no pushing so far. I also separated their food bowls to each ends of the pen seems like its working... or it could be the bigger one just give way.

I hope they could really sort it out!

thanks for replying! :)

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
I often have bullying with mine, but its a "depends on how they feel days", At the moment i have got Shrek (mediteranean) thats about 12cm trying it on with mini that is 25cm, its so funny....

Status
Not open for further replies.