Aggression???

I have 3 redfoots (7-9 years), non-cherry heads as I know the cherry heads can be more aggressive by nature. Two are female, and the one female seems to have been nipping at the others' shells for awhile now and I just thought she was confused. But today we were soaking all of them in the same container, and she got very close to the other females face and legs and then all of a sudden she head butted her twice and we immediately removed her from the bath. Should I be concerned of this happening again? Was this aggression and is there anything I can do to prevent it? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds like full aggression to me. I would definitely separate them. It causes them stress, stress and tortoises don't do mix well.

— Gus

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
They can and do severe injury to one another....literally bite chunks off of one another...usually an individual is targeted and the attacks are focused on that individual...which is so unfair and unnatural for the victim...in a forced captive environment the target has nowhere to retreat and escape to.....