Adult temperatures indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnlaws

5 Year Member
Looking for some advise for a large room indoor enclosure. I'm in Cleveland and its pretty cold up here in the winter so obviously I won't be able to keep my 35lb male outside during the cooler/cold months. I'm actually devoting a large 20x12 room to the Totoise exclusively. Right now because its warm the ambient temps are 79-81*, I also have two heat lamps hanging from the ceiling providing a basking spot of 90-92* I feel the basking spot is acceptable, just wondering a good ambient temp year round in such a large room for a adult.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app
1. Sulcata baby
7. Assorted Ball Pythons
1. XL Savannah Monitor
1. Red Iguana

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would think that the basking spot should actually be a bit closer to 100-110 :D

I also believe that the 80ish number would be a good number to strive for ambient temp....

Now, understand that I do not host this species...but do know of them a little :)P)....but my posting here will throw your thread back to the front page and one of the others that have much more personal information will be along to share...

Johnlaws

5 Year Member
Thanks ! :)

1. Sulcata baby
7. Assorted Ball Pythons
1. XL Savannah Monitor
1. Red Iguana

argus333

5 Year Member
right now u should put that sulcata outside. with a nice big heated shed to go in at night.

Johnlaws

5 Year Member
He is outside now. I'm working on the room now so it will be ready when he can't be outside any longer.. I have a smaller portion of the room blocked off for him now. I bring him in at night and let him out in the morning. In the future I'm going to install a Tort door on the exterior wall so in the summer he can come and go as he pleases.

1. Sulcata baby
7. Assorted Ball Pythons
1. XL Savannah Monitor
1. Red Iguana

Status
Not open for further replies.