Adoptions in fl

kr1991

Location (City and/or State)
tampa fl
Hi everyone I'm located in Tampa fl and just wanted everyone to know in the area or that's willing to ship that I have been taking in some torts locally and have plenty of room for your baby if a new home is needed. None of my torts are in tanks I build my version of the zoomed tortoise house in different sizes. I also have outdoor enclosures for sunshine time. My most special tort is a hermans that was born with no eyes!!! Regardless he's my most friendly little guy. If you are considering placing your baby with me you can pm me or email me at [email protected]
I can send pics of my set ups and my rescues via email of you'd like as I still havnt figured out how to post pics here. Thank you for reading!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm shir your a nice ladie but in 14 posts we only know you by what you say and over the years I'm shir the TFO has had some bad people . So why don't you get to know some of us first and show us Picts of your enclosures and torts and then try to adopt torts . But good luck with your dessions .

kr1991

tampa fl
I'm sure your a nice guy but your reply implies I'm a bad person which I'm not. I'm a 36 yr old woman that loves tortoises. You say I need to get to know you, is there specific people on here I need to know in order to adopt or are you just not happy Im not a long time member? Im a vet tech and live on a farm with plenty of land for torts to enjoy as well as the rest of my personal animals. And as I stated in my thread I have not figured out how to put pics on here which would be why I gave an email of someone wanted to see my torts and enclosures if they were considering placing their tort with me. In no way shape or form did I make a thread to be judged by anyone on here. I have had tortoises for four years now and none of my torts that I have personally purchased have pyramiding or any other problem for that matter. Some of my rescues have pyramiding and my hermans has no eyes. Other than that I have beautiful torts that have every necessity they require. So my decision to adopt is valid. Good luck with your future decisions.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I'm sure your a nice guy but your reply implies I'm a bad person which I'm not. I'm a 36 yr old woman that loves tortoises. You say I need to get to know you, is there specific people on here I need to know in order to adopt or are you just not happy Im not a long time member? Im a vet tech and live on a farm with plenty of land for torts to enjoy as well as the rest of my personal animals. And as I stated in my thread I have not figured out how to put pics on here which would be why I gave an email of someone wanted to see my torts and enclosures if they were considering placing their tort with me. In no way shape or form did I make a thread to be judged by anyone on here. I have had tortoises for four years now and none of my torts that I have personally purchased have pyramiding or any other problem for that matter. Some of my rescues have pyramiding and my hermans has no eyes. Other than that I have beautiful torts that have every necessity they require. So my decision to adopt is valid. Good luck with your future decisions.
Oh, dear, grandpa turtle did not mean to put you on the defensive or be offensive. We've had a scammer recently asking to adopt under seemingly piteous circumstances. The simple fact is you are an unknown quantity. If you were a credited rescue, your announcement would have been greeted differently. If you were answering a specific post from someone and wanted to give a home to a specific animal or group, you'd have gotten a different response. You're trying to be helpful, but don't recognize how, in the culture of this list, what you propose can be seen as sketchy. No one accused you of anything other than being an unknown quantity.

We are all particular about where our animals go. Maybe you'll get some takers, but not by being offended or attacking anyone. Be patient. It's not like you need more tortoises in a hurry, you're simply offering them a home, aren't you?

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Think of it in our shoes/ the person giving up their tortoise for adoption we don't know you that doesn't make you bad or good it is just lack of knowledge