Adopted Russian Tort. not eating

BetZBear1

Location (City and/or State)
Slidell, Louisiana
If he keeps it up, Leroy's first bite will be a knuckle sandwich!!!! LOL i'm kidding of course. Just venting because I'm worried....

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
I have a pretty picky little kid, and she took awhile to settle in and really start eating. Moving her food close to her basking area helped a lot, especially when I offered fresh right after a soak. Grocery store greens can be somewhat limiting when compared to the long lists of "weeds" often listed here, but I have had good luck with her eating dandelion, watercress, endive, and escarole. To supplement, I offer Mazuri LS that has been soaked and mashed once or twice a week.

Yvonne suggested carrot baths to me for a different issue, and it was like magic. I also used about half a jar per soak for several days. She turned sort or orange lol, but it helped a ton.

Best of luck! ♡

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
I have a pretty picky little kid, and she took awhile to settle in and really start eating. Moving her food close to her basking area helped a lot, especially when I offered fresh right after a soak. Grocery store greens can be somewhat limiting when compared to the long lists of "weeds" often listed here, but I have had good luck with her eating dandelion, watercress, endive, and escarole. To supplement, I offer Mazuri LS that has been soaked and mashed once or twice a week.

Yvonne suggested carrot baths to me for a different issue, and it was like magic. I also used about half a jar per soak for several days. She turned sort or orange lol, but it helped a ton.

Best of luck! ♡
Well things took a turn for the better -- after long and worrisome 12 days I caught him nibbling on squash and zuccini day before yesterday and yesterday he was nibbling on his spring mix! And like yours he nibbled after his warm soak. Didn't nibble on the mazuri but I'll keep offering to see if he goes for it eventually. I say nibble because he didn't eat it all but he did eat a little -- that's a start! I was so relieved to see him eating finally! I guess he's finally settling in new environment :)