Adopted a Russian today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

I got a text today from my old supervisor. She felt she was not giving her Russian tortoise (Tortuga) the attention and care "she" needs and wanted to find someone who can give her the care she needs so she called me. So we go pick her up and she is actually a he lol. His weight feels good, eyes are clear, very active, friendly, and eating well. His nails and beak are a little long, going to try feeding on a tile to correct this before I start filing things down.

The pictures are not the best, I will get more once he is settled in. He is 11.43cm and 358g.

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Wow he looks amazing. You're lucky to get such a beautiful little Russian tortoise. Good luck with him. :D

-JM

5 Year Member
What a handsome fellow! :D Congrats!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Yikes that beak is pretty long! I'm sure he'll have a much better life with you.
That was responsible of your supervisor to give him up for his well-being!
Congrats on your new addition :) He's a cutie!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
he looks good, can he eat with that beak though?

S

Scooter

Thanks everyone. As far as his beak, yesterday when I got there he was eating some arugula she had for him. He seemed to be eating ok but always had a piece of it sticking out of his mouth like either couldn't get the last little piece in or break it off. I will watch him this morning and see how he does.

S

Scooter

Ok so today he ate his whole plate of food, so I'm going to wait a little bit on the beak trimming and see if eating on a tile works first if not I will trim it. Also today I saw normal feces, not just urates. He is very inquisitive today and coming to us when we come in the room. My fiancée is quickly falling in love with him lol.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations :)
He is beautiful! I am glad he is with you now, I agree with Katie, that was very responsable of your supervisor :)

S

Scooter

It was very responsible of her and I told her I would send her pictures and updates on him. She had him for 6 six and was told he was a year old when she got him.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
So cute =] The second picture is adorable of the close up with his eye closed! Love it! =]

Status
Not open for further replies.