Additives or special treats for UK tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk, Somerset
I have been adding Nutrobal to my tortoises food and also been offering then as an extra T-Rex tortoise dry formula moistened with water,
Is this the right stuff to add to there leafy stuff or is there something better that I can get in the uk.
Also what can I give them for treats, so far they have not been feeding from hand and so want them to, so I am looking for something that they will not be able to resist.......mmmmmm
I have two horsfields

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: Additives

I see Nutrobal mentioned quite often on the Shelled Warriors forum. I think its quite popular in the UK.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

they may eat flowers from your hand.....or a treat of squash or carrot...just as a treat though...IMHO :D

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset

Flowers you say, what sort of flower would be good, remember I live in the uk and it is winter here.

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset

Is there anyone else in the uk that could give me some advise on what you feed your horsfields this time of year as treats

stells2

5 Year Member
For flowers... winter pansy's... lavertera bushes still have flowers on them atm... roses petals... hebe flowers... just too name a few...

With the pellets.. IMO the best available in the UK... is Mazuri exotic leafeater diet... some petshops sell it and there are a couple of people selling it over on SW....

Weeds are also still available at the moment... with Plantain... Dandelion... Sowthistle... Clover... Bristly ox tongue and jack by the hedge... being the more common ones that can still be found at this time of year...

Other things you can feed.... are... Florette crispy bagged salad... various lettuces and butternut squash

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
stells2 said:
With the pellets.. IMO the best available in the UK... is Mazuri exotic leafeater diet... some petshops sell it and there are a couple of people selling it over on SW....

Any chance you can pm me a link? I have a very fussy eater and would love to order some for her to try :) thank you.

As for a list of edible plants, I'm on my phone so can't post the site link but go to my profile and 'latest threads' than click 'plant help' or something like that and there's a couple of links to edible plants, weeds, grasses etc that I find very helpful :)

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset
Thanks for the links, now that is just what I need, so many people have said to me get this weed and that weed......but to be honest most of them I would not know what they looked like if they bit me on the nose.

Nice to have pictures of what the weeds look like,

Great stuff thanks again.

image-1520658965.png

image-572215853.png

These are the two that I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.