Added a New Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
Since I got my sulcata in July of 2012 and have been doing so good I decided to get another. I ordered him/her from Woody’s Reptiles. I am very pleased with Woody’s Reptiles and my new baby has been doing great for the couple of weeks I’ve had him. Since it was about 80 degrees and sunny I decided I’d take both of them out and take some pics of them to share. Feel free to ask questions or write comments.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 78

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
RE: Addded a New Sulcata

They look fantastic. Someday you are going to have your hands full taking care of these two.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA

They are cute!

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area

What a couple of cuties!!!

I hope you have a lot of room for when they get bigger. I got Puck in July 2012, and I enjoy her so much, I've thought about getting another. But I only have enough yard for one huge tortoise, not two. She's small now, but she won't stay that way forever.

TxTortMan

5 Year Member

Thank you! I cant wait for them to get big, I can picture my two huge tortoises lumbering around the yard. And yes I have a large yard with more than enough space which I hope they will be able to live in for a very long time.:)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!

Awesome! Woodys reptiles has great tortoises. I've gotten two of my sullys from him as well. Good luck with everything , they are beautiful

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio

They look Great!I remember not too long ago I could not wait til mine got big.Now it does'nt seem that long ago and he is huge!

TxTortMan

5 Year Member

Thank you! I know I look back at them when they were small and its amazing how big they've gotten! I am quite pleased with Woodys reptiles. Can anyone tell me how they're shells look? Pyramiding? I don't think there's anything! Thanks!

Linzbragg

5 Year Member

I agree, they do look happy and healthy. Wish it was 80 in VA and I'm sure my tort does too. They love all that space you gave them

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif

They are adorable! How old are they? I adopted Walter from my neice who lost interest in him and was going to put him outside for good :( I got him on January 19th and he was supposedly a few months old. He measures 3" (top shell). I built him a turtle table that is 5x8 but am afraid to keep him in it when I am at work as I have watched him topple over on his back several times.... now I am worried and figure I need to give him a few more months of growing. However it looks like your smaller one is the same size -- any problems with him falling over on his back? :tort:

TxTortMan said:
Since I got my sulcata in July of 2012 and have been doing so good I decided to get another. I ordered him/her from Woody’s Reptiles. I am very pleased with Woody’s Reptiles and my new baby has been doing great for the couple of weeks I’ve had him. Since it was about 80 degrees and sunny I decided I’d take both of them out and take some pics of them to share. Feel free to ask questions or write comments.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area

RuthJanice, I think Walter would love being in such a large space. Do you remember what he was next to when you've found him on his back? If you can remove or change the things he's trying to climb up when he falls on his back, it could become perfectly safe for him to be in his tortoise table. Or post a picture, and all of the kind folks here can suggest changes to make it safe.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA

They are so CUTE!! They seem to be having a great time exploring. :)

TXTortoiseMommy

5 Year Member

Very cute! I have enough yard for three or four but I just got my first and I'm still learning the ropes. Gunna get more in the groove before I consider a second

TxTortMan

5 Year Member

Thank you everyone!!! I try very hard to keep the healthy and looking good:) My bigger one named Baby Tortoise:p is about 9 months old and the littler one (no name yet) was supposedly born in July. I have not had any problems with mine flipping over even outside. In my tortoise house i dont have anything they could climb on and possibly fall over. Everything in there is pretty flat and level with the substrate. Most of the outdoor pen is just level grass except for the rocks and bricks for shade. Does that help? and some pics of your table might help.

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Southern Calif

He likes to climb over his tunnel - I see it in alot of pictures of enclosures where the outside looks like tree bark, when he climbs over sometimes he toppels over going down the otherside. I have added flat river rock to each side and that has pretty much taken care of that problem. He had the same problem with his water dish so I changed that and that problem solved as well. So I am going to watch him when I have him in the table at night and see if we can go a few days without him ending up on his back..... if he can, then I will make that his perm. home til he outgrows it...... Just a nervous mommy.... my heart sinks when I find him on his back. :tort:
EllieN said:
RuthJanice, I think Walter would love being in such a large space. Do you remember what he was next to when you've found him on his back? If you can remove or change the things he's trying to climb up when he falls on his back, it could become perfectly safe for him to be in his tortoise table. Or post a picture, and all of the kind folks here can suggest changes to make it safe.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
You have to go to youtube and look up "Reggie's Cry for Help". I laughed until I cried. It'll remind you of someone....

Status
Not open for further replies.